In Person Services
PLEASE NOTE: Registration start time will be moving to Thursdays, beginning on Oct 14 for Oct 17 service.
Policies & Procedures
By registering for an in-person church service, including nursery and kids’ programs, you agree that you and all members of your party answer NO to all of these questions.
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: Fever • Chills • Cough (new or worsening) • Barking cough • Shortness of breath • Sore throat • Difficulty swallowing • Runny, stuffy, or congested nose (not related to seasonal allergies) • Loss of taste or smell • Headaches (new or unexplained) • Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea • Muscle aches • Extreme tiredness
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
Health & Safety Procedures
- The sanctuary, foyer, all kids’ program rooms, and all washrooms are sanitized prior to Sunday.
- All guests (age 2+) are required to wear a mask or face covering all times.
- Sanitize your hands upon arrival, using the provided hand sanitizer.
- Do not wear medical gloves into the church; if you require gloves, please ask a Greeter upon arrival and a pair will be provided.
- Keep 6ft /2m distance with guests outside of your immediate family/household.
Arrival & Departure Procedures
- NEW: Entry & check-in is through the Gym; follow direction signs outside to the Gym doors.
- Blank name tags are available on tables in the Gym; please fill out your own name tag.
- If you have child(ren) attending programs, bring them to their appropriate program following room signage. Be mindful of physical distancing in hallways.
- Entry to the Sanctuary is through the double doors by the piano; follow direction signs.
- Seat yourself in the Sanctuary using best physical distancing practices; please be aware of people around you and leave space for distancing. Alternating pews are roped off to help with distancing.
- Washrooms are available in the Main Foyer at the back of the Sanctuary.
- Exit (with no children) at the back of the Sanctuary through the Main Foyer to the parking lot. Do not linger inside; please take conversations outside.
- Exit (for parents with children) the Sanctuary through the double doors by the piano. Pick up your child(ren) from their various program rooms; be mindful of physical distancing in hallways. Exit to the parking lot via the East Wing door by the nursery; please take conversations outside.
Worship Service Information
- Everyone is invited to worship together in the sanctuary.
- Nursery and kids’ programs are open for ages 0 to grade 8. (Kids are also welcome in the sanctuary.)
- Live stream video feed is available in the Library as a overflow space.
- Worship songs will be live or pre-recorded; you are invited to sing along with your mask on.
- The pastor will preach live in most circumstances; other elements such as Ministry Features may be live or pre-recorded.
- Pew Bibles are available however you are encouraged to bring your own Bible.
- The offering plate will not be passed around, but an Offering Box is available in the Library and Front Foyer. E-transfer donations are also accepted at email@example.com
- Coffee & Conversation will not be running; conversations before and after the service are permitted, but please maintain proper distancing with non-family members.
Kids’ Program Information
- Hand sanitizer and surface wipes will be available and used in each room.
- All program leaders & volunteers will be masked and will only serve if they answer “NO” to the screening questions (see first section).
- Children aged 3+ are required to wear a mask; children under 3 are not required to wear a mask. Please provide your own masks for your family as Bethel only has a limited supply of kid-sized masks.
- Snacks will not be provided for nursery or Waumba Land programs. (UpStreet doesn’t typically provide a snack.) You are welcome to send a snack and/or water bottle for your baby, toddler or preschooler; program volunteers will sanitize their hands before opening your child’s snack.
- Toys in nursery & Waumba Land will be limited and will be rotated out with different toys each week to allow for cleaning.
- Volunteers will strive to maintain physical distancing, but it cannot be guaranteed.
- Program lessons & activities will be as close to pre-pandemic programs as possible, modified to allow for physical distancing.
- Nursery & Waumba Land kids will use the single washroom in the nursery hallway; UpStreet students will use the male and female washrooms outside the UpStreet classroom.