One of the best ways to grow as a disciple of Jesus is to serve others! There are many areas of ministry and service at Bethel where you can use your gifts and talents.
Below is a quick list of opportunities; more information please email the office (keri[at]bethelkingston.com) and your inquiry will be forwarded to the appropriate Team Leader. Our Team Leaders would love to chat with you…and a conversation is not a commitment! Also you may want to check out our Volunteer Process, which your Team Leader will also guide you through if you choose to serve.
Thanks for your desire to volunteer with us! Our volunteer application process is intended to ensure the safety of all the children, youth and vulnerable persons at Bethel, and contains the following steps:
- Potential new volunteers are asked to wait until they have attended Bethel six months before applying. Exceptions can be made in some cases, using an enhanced reference process.
- Contact the Ministry Lead for the ministry in which you wish to serve, and set up an interview – staff e-mails are found on the back of the weekly bulletin.
- For the interview, download and bring a completed NEW Volunteer Application Form 2019-20. Please print legibly and wherever possible, include e-mail addresses with contact information (references etc.) Also ensure you have signed the pink and green forms at the back (with a witness, please!)
- You and the Ministry Lead will then get together and discuss where you best fit in Ministry.
- Should you be deemed suited to the ministry you have applied for, the Ministry Lead will put you in touch with Carmen, the Church Administrator (carmen(at)bethelkingston.com) so you can obtain a Police Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check, at a cost of $29.00. If this presents a financial hardship for you, the church can reimburse you.
- The Ministry Lead will then pass on your application to the Church Administrator who will also do reference checks.
- You will attend (or commit to attend if one is not upcoming) our mandatory Plan to Protect Volunteer training session (which will be followed by an annual refresher).
- Once all references have been checked and the Police Check has been handed in (it’s good for three years), you are then cleared for ministry. The church will contact you at various intervals to remind you about training and/or needing to update your paperwork/police check.
Serve in the City
We also encourage serving outside of Bethel’s walls! As a church, Bethel supports several local ministries, and we encourage you to volunteer your time and talents with these organizations as well.
KINGSTON PREGNANCY CARE CENTRE | KPCC supports women of all ages facing an unplanned or stressful pregnancy.
MARTHA’S TABLE | Martha’s Table provides low-cost nutritious meals to those in need, in a safe and accepting environment.
NIGHTLIGHT | (Nightlight is currently closed until a new location is found. Stay tuned!)
SALVATION ARMY | The Salvation Army operates a wide variety of activities, programs, and services throughout the year to assist in our community.